In this article, we are going to talk about the best GPU for 1440p at 144 Hz. If you also want to make graphics-intensive tasks on your computer easier, you must read the article until the end.
Friends, we all know that a GPU is not required to perform basic tasks on a computer, but if you have to perform graphics-intensive tasks, then you need a powerful GPU. If you are planning to smoothly perform tasks like video editing, high-graphical gaming, 3D graphic rendering, machine learning, cryptocurrency mining, etc. on your computer, then you should definitely spend on a powerful GPU.
Below, we have mentioned 5 GPUs considering 1440p and 144hz, which you can consider as per your budget and requirements. Also, before choosing the CPU, read the buying guide carefully so that you can choose the right GPU.
|Serial Number||Product Name||Review Rating|
|1||Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1660||4.5/5|
|2||MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660||4.4/5|
|3||EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming||4.7/5|
|4||ASUS Dual GeForce® RTX 4070||4.8/5|
|5||MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3060||4.6/5|
How to Choose the Right GPU for 1440p 144hz
If you want to do graphic-related work, you should go with a good GPU. For your convenience, we have shared 5 points below, keeping in mind that you can choose a good GPU.
While choosing any device, it is very important to pay special attention to your budget. High-end graphic cards can be quite expensive, and spending more on them can cause financial problems, so determine your budget and then look for a GPU keeping your needs in mind. Find a GPU that fits your budget from the list we shared.
Your GPU is a vital component of your gaming setup. GPUs also require a capable CPU, adequate RAM, and a good monitor to be used to their full potential. Making sure to budget wisely when choosing a GPU ensures that you can afford an all-around system without neglecting other important components.
It is often seen that beginners choose GPUs that provide good service only for a few years or as per the current situation. You should consider GPUs that provide good value for their price and are also capable of handling upcoming game releases and high-end graphical software. Future-proofing GPUs come with a slightly higher price tag, but a reasonable budget allows you to strike a balance between current performance and future-proofing.
A budget-conscious approach encourages you to research and compare heavily when choosing a GPU. You can choose a good GPU as per your requirements by understanding the performance and pricing of different models. Also, take the right decision by thoroughly considering all the features and performance of the mentioned products.
As a beginner, you are required to spend on other gaming equipment such as a keyboard, mouse, handset, game purchases, a comfortable gaming chair, etc. If you stick to the budget you set for the GPU, you’ll be able to allocate money to other aspects of your gaming setup. But keep in mind that all your needs are being fulfilled with the GPU that comes under your budget segment.
1. Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1660
If you are looking for a good graphics card at an affordable rate, then you should definitely go with the Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1660. It has 6GB of 192-bit GDDR6 RAM, which helps in performing all your graphical tasks very smoothly. It has been specially designed with gaming in mind. It’s capable of running modern AAA titles at 1080p at a respectable 60+ to nearly 100+ fps on High to Ultra settings.
It is quite beautiful and stylish to look at, but its entire body is made of plastic, which feels very cheap in the hand. It has already been overclocked by the manufacturer, and due to the good cooling system, there is scope for further overclocking. This is a good GPU option for 1440p at 144 Hz at an affordable rate.
- Graphics RAM size: 6 GB
- GPU clock speed: 14000 MHz
- Video output interface: DisplayPort
- Cooling System: Wind force 2x cooling system with alternate spinning fans
- Control Software: Intuitive controls with AORUS engine
- Memory Type: 6GB 192-bit GDDR6
- Video Outputs: 1 x HDMI, 3 x DisplayPort
- PCI Express: PCI Express 3.0 x16
- Good gaming performance at 1080p.
- Efficient cooling with low noise.
- Includes NVENC encoder for streaming.
- Affordable price point.
- Some room for overclocking.
- Plastic build feels less premium.
- Lacks ray tracing capabilities.
2. MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660
The second important GPU on our list is the MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660, which is a great option for 1440p 144hz. This GPU has been designed with great strength and premium design. It offers 4x the resolution of Ultra-High Resolution (UHD) 1080p content for a thrilling gaming experience. It uses the latest High Dynamic Range (HDR), which makes the gaming experience more contrasty and colourful than ever before.
It comes with graphics card overclocking software from the company MSI, which gives you full control over the graphic card and enables you to monitor key metrics of the system in real time. This is a good GPU from a very popular gaming brand at an affordable price.
- Graphics Coprocessor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
- Graphics RAM Size: 6 GB
- GPU Clock Speed: 1.83 GHz
- Boost Clock: 1830 MHz
- Memory Interface: 192-bit
- Video Memory Type: GDDR5
- Power Consumption: 120 W
- Affordable budget option.
- Compact size for ITX builds.
- Energy-efficient with low power usage.
- Maintains reasonable temperatures.
- Decent 1080p gaming performance.
- Noisy, high-pitched whining under load.
- Fans always audible due to fixed minimum speed.
3. EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming
The EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 is an ideal GPU option for good gaming, with 1440p and 144hz in mind. It has been provided with 12GB of graphical RAM to perform high-end graphical work and multitask very smoothly. Additionally, it has a dual-fan cooling system for the highest performance, which works very quietly during use. It comes with quite a premium build quality and is designed with an all-metal backplate.
According to our personal experience, we saw very smooth performance while playing games like GTA, Cyberpunk, Rust, and R6. Most of the time, its price keeps going up and down, so keep an eye on it by adding it to the cart. It can be installed very easily by plug-and-play. If you can spend more for good performance, then this can prove to be an ideal future-proof GPU for you.
- GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming
- Memory: 12GB GDDR6
- Cooling: Dual-fan
- Backplate: Metal
- Performance: Excellent
- Ray Tracing: Supported
- DLSS: Compatible
- Connectivity: HDMI & DisplayPort
- Overclocking: Manual
- Significant performance upgrade from GTX 770 OC.
- Versatile settings for gaming.
- Good for multitasking.
- Suitable for 4K resolution.
- Cost-effective at purchase
- Price fluctuations in the market.
- Limited by the older CPU.
4. ASUS Dual GeForce® RTX 4070
ASUS Dual GeForce® RTX 4070 is one of the most popular and highly liked graphics cards. Asus often remains in the news for its powerful gaming components and devices. It offers a reliable brand and good performance at an affordable rate. It has a very strong and premium construction, which fits very easily.
It comes with a 2-fan design (small size) and an 8-pin connector, which can be installed as plug-and-play. This is a future-proof GPU that can be used for many years. It has many amazing features, like DLSS 3 and frame generation, which makes it one of the best GPUs for 1440p at 144 Hz.
- Graphics Coprocessor: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070
- Brand: ASUS
- Graphics RAM Size: 12 GB
- Video Output Interface: DisplayPort, HDMI
- Graphics Processor Manufacturer: NVIDIA
- 12GB graphics RAM for future-proofing.
- DLSS3 support for impressive FPS boosts.
- Low power consumption, reducing energy costs.
- Fans can get loud under heavy load.
5. MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3060
The MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 is a GPU that comes at an affordable price. If you’re looking for a GPU that comes with the reliability of a big company like MSI, this is a good option. To maintain a good performance continuously, it has been provided with dual fans, which work very quietly. The installation process for PCs has been made much easier. It offers 12 GB of RAM at a very low price.
It has a very strong construction. It comes with a 7680 x 4320 maximum display resolution and a 1710 MHz clock speed. If you want to game at 1440p and 144hz settings, you are going to get a very smooth experience. If you are looking for a future-proof GPU at an affordable rate, then you must go with the GPUs that come from this trusted brand.
- Graphics Coprocessor: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
- Graphics RAM Size: 12 GB
- GPU Clock Speed: 1710 MHz
- Video Output Interfaces: DP x 3 (v1.4a), HDMI 2.1 x 1
- Max Display Resolution: 7680 x 4320
- Memory Clock Speed: 1807 MHz
- Dedicated Graphics Card: 12GB GDDR6
- Improved performance for future games and applications.
- 12GB RAM for multitasking.
- The card itself appeared unused.
- Comes with strong build
- Lack of DVI port inconvenient for older monitors.
- Difficulty plugging in HDMI due to design.
- Tight fit next to Noctua cooler.
FAQs: Best GPU for 1440p 144hz
If you want to get a good gaming experience at 1440p resolution, then you can definitely go with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070.
Yes, of course, the RTX 3060 is capable of operating at 1440p and 144Hz settings.
If you go with the Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 GPU, which costs over $400, you may definitely be overkill.
12GB of VRAM is recommended for 1440p gaming at maximum settings. More VRAM means the GPU has room to store more data, making it able to work more quickly and efficiently.
I hope you love this article. if yes, then share with your friends and family.
Thanks for reading Best GPU for 1440p 144hz